Wakito's Pizza House

01 March, 2016

Exodus 6: 1-12

Exodus 6: 1- 12
Then the LORD said to Moses, “Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of my mighty hand he will let them go; because of my mighty hand he will drive them out of his country.” God also said to Moses, “I am the LORD. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself fully known to them. I also established my covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, where they resided as foreigners. Moreover, I have heard the groaning of the Israelites, whom the Egyptians are enslaving, and I have remembered my covenant. “Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the LORD.’ ” Moses reported this to the Israelites, but they did not listen to him because of their discouragement and harsh labor. Then the LORD said to Moses, “Go, tell Pharaoh king of Egypt to let the Israelites go out of his country.” But Moses said to the LORD, “If the Israelites will not listen to me, why would Pharaoh listen to me, since I speak with faltering lips?”

Message:
In this part of the book, I am made to understand the significance of the word Jehovah and how special Moses and the Israelites were to God that He revealed His nature to them, something which was unknown to all those who came before Moses. According to John Wesley, God made Himself known as Jehovah, which means “the fountain of being and blessedness, and infinite perfection.” The preacher further explains that through such revelation God let the people understand that He is:
“A God performing what he had promised, and so giving being to his promises and   
a God perfecting what he had begun, and finishing his own work.”
God also assured Moses that He will bring the Israelites out from under the yoke of the Egyptians; free them from being slaves to the Egyptians; redeem them with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment;  take them as His own people and be their God; bring them to the land He swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob; and give the Promised Land to them as a possession.

Despite all these, Moses protested considering his ineloquence. This to me is an act which signifies Moses’ doubt on God’s promises.

Application:
God used the phrase “I will” as He presented His promises to Moses and kept those promises. Thus, I’d see to it that when I say “I will”, I mean it and I’d never doubt God’s promise of salvation as He’s the only one capable of keeping any promise made.

Prayer:

Dear Lord Jehovah, it’s you who had begun all and would finish all. Thank you for all the promises that You have perfected and for the assurance of salvation. Lord, I ask forgiveness for those instances that like Moses I doubted some of Your promises, that I question the realization of Your vow. God I am not an Israelite and I’m not going to the Promised Land. However, I know God that I am a follower of Jesus Christ and that I deserve Your promise of an eternal life. Thus, I pray for Your guidance Father. Bless me with full understanding of each of Your messages that I may bring good news to those whose spirit has been weakened by doubts and problems. This I pray in Jesus’ name, amen. 

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...