Wakito's Pizza House

01 March, 2016

Exodus 5: 16-23

Exodus 5: 16-23
Your servants are given no straw, yet we are told, ‘Make bricks!’ Your servants are being beaten, but the fault is with your own people.” Pharaoh said, “Lazy, that’s what you are—lazy! That is why you keep saying, ‘Let us go and sacrifice to the LORD.’ Now get to work. You will not be given any straw, yet you must produce your full quota of bricks.” The Israelite overseers realized they were in trouble when they were told, “You are not to reduce the number of bricks required of you for each day.” When they left Pharaoh, they found Moses and Aaron waiting to meet them, and they said, “May the LORD look on you and judge you! You have made us obnoxious to Pharaoh and his officials and have put a sword in their hand to kill us.” Moses returned to the LORD and said, “Why, Lord, why have you brought trouble on this people? Is this why you sent me? Ever since I went to Pharaoh to speak in your name, he has brought trouble on this people, and you have not rescued your people at all.”

Message:
Israelites were forced to find straw for brick production by themselves and expected to meet their full quota of bricks each day, orders that intensified their suffering. Hence, when they met with Moses and Aaron, they put forth their complaints and even blamed both for all that they underwent. Moses and Aaron acted as the slaves’ deliverer yet were hated because the people thought that it was Moses and Aaron’s request that increased their misery. This situation reminds me of those instances at which I felt God was seemed to be unresponsive to my prayers and that I blamed Him for all of the difficulties I experienced. Instead of finding comfort in God’s word I went astray and later on found myself helpless and in agony. What I went through and the slaves’ situation taught me that problems are God’s way of making me realize how I need Him in my life, that life’s glitches are His means of drawing me close to Him. Yes, I’ve been insensitive to God’s call and even forgot to pray when I was all right, when all that I needed were provided. Thus, God made me suffer so that the need to communicate with Him would be felt and realized by me. Further, He sent me people who prayed with me and helped me get through all the complications.

Application:
I’ll be more dependent on God regardless of the situation.

Prayer:

Father God, thank you for making me understand that more than anything and anybody else, it’s You whom I need Lord, that in times of trouble, You are my refuge. Thank you Lord for the people whom You have been using to redirect me to You. Lord forgive me for those times that I demonstrated unbelief because of the trials that I was undergoing. Father, I pray for your guidance. Bless me Lord that I may be able to convince people to come to You instead of turning to someone or something else in times of trouble. Make me act my speech Lord and stand for what is right for the people around me especially my family to witness and realize Your presence in my life. This is my prayer, in Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...