Wakito's Pizza House

27 March, 2016

Exodus 14: 9-14

Exodus 14: 9-14
9 The Egyptians—all Pharaoh’s horses and chariots, horsemen and troops—pursued the Israelites and overtook them as they camped by the sea near Pi Hahiroth, opposite Baal Zephon. 10 As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the LORD. 11 They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? 12 Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians’? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!” 13 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”

Title: Doubt breeds Fear

Message: Trials come to those who heed God’s instructions but God is faithful that He will never let them suffer. He provides means for their survival, that He assures everyone. This is what happened to the Israelites and I can relate this to my experience. In times that I am determined to do what God wants, people whom I deal with start doing the opposite. They act in such a way that my faith is tested and that I basically end up angered and asking God, “why?” in my prayer.  Yes, my tendency is to pray and entrust God everything especially when I feel and know that matters are getting out of my control, an act which I think is favored by the Father for things basically end up well afterwards plus the fact that I get freed from anxieties as all are ironed out by Him.

Promise to Claim: God assures me of deliverance from sufferings, from trials, from all that cause me pain.

Command to Obey: In times of trials, of difficulties I need to keep still. I need to be composed and believe that God will fulfill His promise of deliverance.

Warning to Heed: I am reminded to never doubt God’s promises and to depend solely on Him for safety and protection for if I do otherwise, then fear will conquer me something which may bring me to ruin.


Application: I will entrust all to God. I will present all my concerns to Him and will never doubt His promises. I will claim “treasure” at the end of every “journey” I take knowing that I walk with Him and for Him.  

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...