Wakito's Pizza House

15 March, 2016

Exodus 10:21-29

Exodus 10: 21-29
Then the LORD said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that darkness spreads over Egypt—darkness that can be felt.” So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and total darkness covered all Egypt for three days. No one could see anyone else or move about for three days. Yet all the Israelites had light in the places where they lived.  Then Pharaoh summoned Moses and said, “Go, worship the LORD. Even your women and children may go with you; only leave your flocks and herds behind.” But Moses said, “You must allow us to have sacrifices and burnt offerings to present to the LORD our God.  Our livestock too must go with us; not a hoof is to be left behind. We have to use some of them in worshiping the LORD our God, and until we get there we will not know what we are to use to worship the LORD.” But the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he was not willing to let them go.  Pharaoh said to Moses, “Get out of my sight! Make sure you do not appear before me again! The day you see my face you will die.” “Just as you say,” Moses replied. “I will never appear before you again.”

Message:
Here I learned that deception is always the game of non believers of God. Unparalleled darkness came to Egypt, a kind which terrorized the people except the Israelites. Despite that, Pharaoh remained proud, even tried to deceive God’s chosen people as he called on Moses and Aaron again and expressed his acknowledgment of God. He told them about his decision of letting them go only that they had to leave their livestock behind. The Israelites needed the animals for food during the journey and for worship. Hence, Moses disagreed to Pharaoh’s advice and vowed never to see Pharaoh again after the latter drove him away.

Application:
As a believer of God, I need to manifest the characteristics He indicated in the Scripture. One of those is honesty, the opposite of deceitfulness which was demonstrated by Pharaoh. Real Christians do not practice deception.

Prayer:

Dear Lord, thank you for letting me realize that deception is unfavorable for a Christian like me, that it’s a sin to deceive others. God thank you for making me aware that even those who declare acknowledgment of You are very much capable of deceiving people and can even use Your name and word to get people’s attention and favor. Lord, I myself has been deceived and I often catch myself wondering if I myself am doing the right thing. Yes, Lord I doubt and often ask myself on the reliability of my understanding of Your message Lord, considering all those that I witness about professed Christians. Dear God, I personally communicate to You for me to know the real meaning of my being Your follower, for me to understand the act of my fellow Christians and for me to be enlightened Lord of the things concerning Christianity. Dear God, let me not expect too much from my fellows. Make me trust Your words rather than people’s words. Lord, I know it’s not me who will judge my fellow Christians Lord. It’s not me who see their hearts and know their thoughts. It’s You God. You will judge us all and I believe that You have purpose of letting all these happen. Lord, bestow upon me discernment that I may detect deception. Bestow upon me wisdom that I may know Your word, understand the message and share it to those who are being deceived. Drive me out of darkness Lord. This I pray in Jesus’ name, amen.

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...