Wakito's Pizza House

15 March, 2016

Exodus 10:12-20

Exodus 10: 12-20
And the LORD said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand over Egypt so that locusts swarm over the land and devour everything growing in the fields, everything left by the hail.” So Moses stretched out his staff over Egypt, and the LORD made an east wind blow across the land all that day and all that night. By morning the wind had brought the locusts; they invaded all Egypt and settled down in every area of the country in great numbers. Never before had there been such a plague of locusts, nor will there ever be again. They covered all the ground until it was black. They devoured all that was left after the hail—everything growing in the fields and the fruit on the trees. Nothing green remained on tree or plant in all the land of Egypt. Pharaoh quickly summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “I have sinned against the LORD your God and against you. Now forgive my sin once more and pray to the LORD your God to take this deadly plague away from me.” Moses then left Pharaoh and prayed to the LORD. And the LORD changed the wind to a very strong west wind, which caught up the locusts and carried them into the Red Sea. Not a locust was left anywhere in Egypt.  But the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he would not let the Israelites go.

Message:
The 8th plague proved, again, God’s incomparable might and Pharaoh’s lack of faith to his own gods. As a leader to his people he would have initiated in praying for their safety, he would have led them in praying to their gods, he would have repented and acknowledged the God whom he knew had been responsible for all those that took place in Egypt.  However, he did otherwise. He called on Moses and let him pray to his God instead, an act which led me to a conclusion that Pharaoh recognized the power of the LORD over his gods. Nevertheless, he did not repent for he did not have the heart to commune with Him. He wanted to be saved from the plague but he did not desire to accept the one responsible of saving him from it. His pride and selfishness prevented him from repenting and accepting the LORD of all Lords.

Application:
Knowing what pride and selfishness will bring to me, I’d see to it that I set these two aside. I’ll strengthen my relationship with God thru personal prayers.  

Prayer:

Dear God, thank you very much for reminding me that it’s pride and selfishness which hinder me from acknowledging some of your acts in my life, from making it known to others that behind all those blessings and provisions I have Lord, it’s no one else but YOU. Thank you for making me understand that it’s my personal communication with You that will strengthen my faith and eventually bring about my enlightenment concerning my strength and limitations. You are the LORD of all Lords. You are the mightiest. This I must never forget. This is my prayer, in Jesus’ name, amen. 

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...