Wakito's Pizza House

16 March, 2016

Exodus 11: 1-10

Exodus 11: 1-10
Now the LORD had said to Moses, “I will bring one more plague on Pharaoh and on Egypt. After that, he will let you go from here, and when he does, he will drive you out completely. Tell the people that men and women alike are to ask their neighbors for articles of silver and gold.” (The LORD made the Egyptians favorably disposed toward the people, and Moses himself was highly regarded in Egypt by Pharaoh’s officials and by the people.) So Moses said, “This is what the LORD says: ‘About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the female slave, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again.  But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any person or animal.’ Then you will know that the LORD makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel. All these officials of yours will come to me, bowing down before me and saying, ‘Go, you and all the people who follow you!’ After that I will leave.” Then Moses, hot with anger, left Pharaoh. The LORD had said to Moses, “Pharaoh will refuse to listen to you—so that my wonders may be multiplied in Egypt.”  Moses and Aaron performed all these wonders before Pharaoh, but the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he would not let the Israelites go out of his country.

Message:
I’ve learned that, God is truly righteous that He never let any suffering by His people go unnoticed and unrewarded. The Israelites have been oppressed and suffering for a very long time that God delivered them. As they were about to leave God worked in their masters and let the latter provide them jewels of silver and gold, something that would support their needs while fulfilling God’s will for them. Further, Moses’ act let me see that anger exempts no one, even God’s servants.

Application:
Rest assured that God is righteous and that He knows and sees all that I do, I am now more confident of fulfilling my duties and responsibilities. As 1 Cor. 15:58 (NIV) indicates, “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”

Prayer:

Dear God our Father, thank you for reminding me that You see and know all that I do, that my toil will never go unnoticed and unrewarded. Lord, yes I often find myself complaining for the inequality and inequity I have been experiencing without considering your promise Lord, without thinking that You never find pleasure in employers who cause sufferings among their employees. Lord, You are the MASTER of all masters and You know Your people’s needs. My fellow humans may not realize the need to manifest fairness Lord; however, You do and it will come soon, I know. Dear God You hardened Pharaoh’s heart because You want him and all other non believers to witness Your might and realize its impact to their lives; thus, I believe the same is happening to me, to us. Let us all witness Your might Lord, Your righteousness for us all to be enlightened. Keep us from deviating to far from Your instructions Lord. Keep us from using Your word to rationalize about our wrongdoings. Make us utilize Your blessings and provisions for Your cause. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...