Wakito's Pizza House

24 February, 2020

Haiku on Trees by Grade 11 Bejamin




I discussed Haiku writing in my 21st Century Literature class. When I presented the topic before my students, varied reactions surfaced and I didn't detect an indication of excitement among them. Nevertheless, I proceeded by presenting examples of what I wrote previously. Then, got to make them see the structure and the content. As I was assured of their understanding of the ideas presented I pointed out a subject for Haiku writing - the towering Talisay tree standing right in the vicinity. First I asked them questions on the benefits of the tree and told them to focus on which they think is the most significant. Then, I let them describe the tree as they see it and come up with figurative or poetic versions of those words. Editing and revisions came afterwards. After 15 minutes or so, these they came up with as I wrote on the board.







No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...