Wakito's Pizza House

03 August, 2017

As I chose to go on...


Mountain climbing has always enlivened me. I never remembered saying "No" everytime I am invited to join in such an activity. Just like what happened last June 3 when Rose one of my colleagues suggested a climb, I immediately raised my hand in approval despite the fact that June 5 was the opening of classes for us. Four others agreed to come with us. However, the night before the activity the "four others" backed out. In spite of that, Rose and I pursued the trek. Oliver, Aileen and Rizza joined in. The destination was the peak of Mt. Daraitan in Tanay, Rizal. 

The trip was long. We left Taytay, Rizal at 4:00 A.M. and reached Barangay Daraitan at 9:00 A.M. 




The process for the registration of climbers was orderly and we were assigned to a tour guide who gave us the orientation of the activity after we signed up. 

The climb began at 10:00. We took the assault trail. The trek was very challenging that I lost track of time. On our way up, we encountered two groups of climbers who were finding their way back. One's remark even sounded discouraging. Nevertheless, we went on.






First station, and we felt as if we're almost physically drained. We rested for a few minutes.



We moved on and reached the second station. The feeling of giving up was felt but we ignored it. Again a few minutes of rest.



And at last the peak. Oh my God, the view was amazing! Physical fatigue left me. 





















The white gigantic limestone formation transformed the acrophobic me to a courageous climber who took the challenge of standing right in the summit not only to enjoy the picture taking session but also to take pleasure in the panoramic vista of the place down below.

















Then, we started the journey back to the foot of the mountain. We traversed the forest. The rock-strewn yet slippery path tested our endurance to the core that I thought we would not be reaching the next destination before night time. I was wrong. We overcame the difficulties and got to Tinipak river at almost 5:30 P.M. 





Awe-inspiring was the river. The limestone formations were like a fortress in a Greek castle of the ancient time. It was a marvelous sight. 











We plunged into the water and let our bodies delight in the relaxing feel of it. My sprained ankles and strained muscles were rehabilitated. 





Definitely, Rose, Rizza, Aileen and Oliver experienced the same as we were all noisy again while walking on our way back to the barangay station.

We got back to Taytay at almost 10:00 P.M. The trek used up my energy. Despite that, I felt great for, once again, I and my friends conquered another summit, the  2358 ft. above sea level, Mt. Daraitan.




No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...