Wakito's Pizza House

10 April, 2016

Exodus 20: 12-21

Exodus 20: 12-21
12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you. 13 “You shall not murder. 14 “You shall not commit adultery. 15 “You shall not steal. 16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor. 17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.” 18 When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance 19 and said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen. But do not have God speak to us or we will die.” 20 Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.” 21 The people remained at a distance, while Moses approached the thick darkness where God was.

Title: Because God’s grace overspills…

Message: God’s love for us overflows. His grace outpours that we are extended mercy. These decrees are the manifestations of those mentioned. God let Moses present these before the Israelites for them to develop fear in Him that they might keep themselves from committing sins. Today, the preachers speak of the same thing for the same purpose, thus my reflection: Who am I not to heed? Am I deserving of God’s outpouring grace?  

Promise to Claim: Heed God’s commandments and we will be rewarded mercy. It’s our fear in Him that entitles us eternal life with the Father.

Command to Obey: God wants us to demonstrate obedience and respect to our parents and our fellows regardless of their status. God does not want us to defy our parents’ instructions, to kill, to engage ourselves in adulterous relationships, to steal, to be involved in rumor mongering, and to be envious of others.  

Warning to Heed: Immoral relationships, defiance to our parents/elders, envy and other misdeeds cause us sin and eventually separate us from our Father. These will deprive us of God’s mercy if continuously observed.


Application: I will keep on obeying my parents so that my children manifest the same. I will never let envy occupy my heart for me to not think of something negative about my fellows. I will not engage myself in an adulterous activity. 

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...