Wakito's Pizza House

04 March, 2016

Exodus 7:8-13

Exodus 7: 8-13
The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “When Pharaoh says to you, ‘Perform a miracle,’ then say to Aaron, ‘Take your staff and throw it down before Pharaoh,’ and it will become a snake.” So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the LORD commanded. Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a snake. Pharaoh then summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts: Each one threw down his staff and it became a snake. But Aaron’s staff swallowed up their staffs. Yet Pharaoh’s heart became hard and he would not listen to them, just as the LORD had said.

Message:
Through these verses, I am made to understand that people who resist to accept what the bible presents do all that they can to misrepresent the Scripture, thus gaining amusement and favor of men who eventually become misled. Pharaoh showed resistance of believing in God’s might. He could have been amazed by the act of Moses; however, as he was hardened by unbelief (and because God let him manifest such) he called on the wise men and sorcerers to counter Moses’ exhibition of God’s power. However, as the sorcerers’ act was a fake, they failed to overcome God’s. Pharaoh’s deed can be related to the action of a person who posted on Facebook a picture of men representing David and Jonathan as gays. In attempt to make people see that homosexuality is featured in the bible, the person cited the kissing of David by Jonathan and Jonathan’s undressing before David. Citations which apparently aims to mislead people from what the bible really imparts. People who read history and the bible know that kissing between men is part of Jewish culture and it’s considered a form of salutation. Paul in 2 Cor. calls the act a “holy kiss” as it was practiced as a form of greeting by the Corinthians. Besides this, there are still other instances in the bible which present situations wherein men kiss each other, thus giving us ideas that Jonathan’s kissing of David cannot be considered a malicious or an erotic kiss. Matthew Henry preached, “What men dislike, because it opposes their pride and lusts, they will not be convinced of; but it is easy to cause them to believe things they wish to be true.”

Application:
I will not allow myself to be swayed by ideas which oppose the teaching of the bible.

Prayer:

Dear God, thank you for these verses which made me understand the importance of metacognition and praying. Through these Lord, I am given the opportunity to monitor and check my understanding of the materials I encounter and read. Forgive me Lord. If there had been times that I manifested resistance of believing in what the bible says and what You want me to understand. God as I pursue the truth, as I attempt to share my faith and spiritual conviction Lord, bless and guide me. Make me a person worth listening to. This I pray in the mighty name of Jesus, amen.

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...