Wakito's Pizza House

17 February, 2016

Exodus 1: 15-22

Exodus 1: 15-22
The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah, “When you are helping the Hebrew women during childbirth on the delivery stool, if you see that the baby is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live.” The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live.  Then the king of Egypt summoned the midwives and asked them, “Why have you done this? Why have you let the boys live?” The midwives answered Pharaoh, “Hebrew women are not like Egyptian women; they are vigorous and give birth before the midwives arrive.” So God was kind to the midwives and the people increased and became even more numerous. And because the midwives feared God, he gave them families of their own. Then Pharaoh gave this order to all his people: “Every Hebrew boy that is born you must throw into the Nile, but let every girl live.”

Message:
The Hebrew midwives’ experience proved that fear of God causes believers to do what is right and such an act brings about God’s blessing.” Shiphrah and Puah were commanded by Pharaoh to kill the male children born by Egyptian mothers. Pharaoh was the master, yes and he was feared; however, the women feared God more so Pharaoh’s command was unheeded. Such an act by the women pleased God, so He blessed them more.

Application:
I will fear God more than any master on earth. Knowing that God favors the righteous, I will be more confident in doing what is right.  

Prayer:

Dear God, the Master of all masters, I fear You and I express willingness to do Your commandments.  Just like Shiphrah and Puah I may confront difficulties along the way but knowing that You will not forsake me, I am determined to go on Lord. Father thank you for making all these known to me, for making me understand that tests are part of Christian faith observation and as I deal with each test practicing such conviction I will survive and be blessed. Lord forgive me if there had been times that I disobeyed and doubted about Your knowledge of my actions and guidance. Father I pray for Your blessing today. Guide me Lord as I attempt to do all that please You. Equip me with spiritual convictions that cannot be easily stirred by those who oppose Your instructions. Make me survive any temptation that may come my way today. This I pray in the mighty name of Jesus, amen.

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...