Wakito's Pizza House

16 February, 2016

Genesis 50: 22-26

Genesis 50: 22-26
Joseph stayed in Egypt, along with all his father’s family. He lived a hundred and ten years and saw the third generation of Ephraim’s children. Also the children of Makir son of Manasseh were placed at birth on Joseph’s knees. Then Joseph said to his brothers, “I am about to die. But God will surely come to your aid and take you up out of this land to the land he promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.” And Joseph made the Israelites swear an oath and said, “God will surely come to your aid, and then you must carry my bones up from this place.” So Joseph died at the age of a hundred and ten. And after they embalmed him, he was placed in a coffin in Egypt.

Message:
This last part of Genesis emphasizes the intensity of Joseph’s faith in God and in His promise that instead of letting his remains rest in Egypt he made his brothers swear an oath, an act which would require them to do his will, that is for his bones to be brought to his ancestors’ grave and be buried there. Up to his last breath, Joseph assured his brothers of God’s guidance and the fulfillment of His covenant to their ancestors.

Application:
I will trust in God’s promises and will go on with life demonstrating my faith in Him through my actions that I may convince others to believe in Him and make them follow the path which God set for all of His creations.

Prayer:

Dear Father, the only one who makes and fulfills promises, I thank you for making me wake up this morning and take on another devotional article. Thank you Lord for this opportunity to share my faith in You. Father, You know the difficulty I’m going through right now. You know my dilemma Lord, despite that I’m certain that You will provide my God. I’m holding on to Your message stated in 1Cor. 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” Yes Lord this I claim. Father, fill me with positivity and the thought of fulfilling my duties to my employers, my students, my family and above all to You my God to the best of my ability. Just like Joseph, make me think about the fulfillment of Your promise Lord that I may do all of my duties according to Your will. Guide me Lord and keep my mind and tongue guarded by the Holy Spirit. Make me a blessing to all whom I will be dealing with today. This I pray in Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...