Wakito's Pizza House

18 February, 2016

Exodus 2: 1-10

Exodus 2: 1-10
Now a man of the tribe of Levi married a Levite woman,  and she became pregnant and gave birth to a son. When she saw that he was a fine child, she hid him for three months. But when she could hide him no longer, she got a papyrus basket for him and coated it with tar and pitch. Then she placed the child in it and put it among the reeds along the bank of the Nile. His sister stood at a distance to see what would happen to him. Then Pharaoh’s daughter went down to the Nile to bathe, and her attendants were walking along the riverbank. She saw the basket among the reeds and sent her female slave to get it. She opened it and saw the baby. He was crying, and she felt sorry for him. “This is one of the Hebrew babies,” she said. Then his sister asked Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and get one of the Hebrew women to nurse the baby for you?” “Yes, go,” she answered. So the girl went and got the baby’s mother. Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this baby and nurse him for me, and I will pay you.” So the woman took the baby and nursed him. When the child grew older, she took him to Pharaoh’s daughter and he became her son. She named him Moses, saying, “I drew him out of the water.”

Message:
Here I am reminded of God’s incomparable might as each sequence of events unfolded Moses’ survival. He was born at the time that a law on killing the male children by Hebrew women was declared. By faith his mother kept him for three months, then he was found by Pharaoh’s daughter when the former decided to let go of him. In short, he became the son of Pharaoh’s daughter yet was nursed by his very own mother. Further, I got inspired by Moses’ mother’s faith, wisdom and love for her child. She stood firm in her decision of keeping her child despite Pharaoh’s heartlessness. Had she been a coward, had not loved her child and lacked belief in her ancestors’ God, I think she would have not done such. As a whole, verses 1-10 is making me realize that what is impossible to a parent like me will be possible if all is done out of love and entrusted to God.

Application:
I will commit all of my undertakings to God and I will fully trust Him especially where making decisions for my children are concerned.

Prayer:

Dear God, thank you for making me a mother of three virtuous children, for letting me remember that I as a parent is short of capabilities to accomplish and fulfill all that I desire for them Lord. I am a parent and I need to fulfill my responsibilities to my children. However, I know that, it’s You, the parent of all parents has destined their purpose and will direct them to the realization of that purpose. Father, I acknowledge Your authority over me and my husband and I pray for Your guidance as we justify our part in their lives. I entrust my children’s future to You Lord. Work in them God that they may see and realize the purpose of our discipline and our letting them participate in activities that nurture their spiritual convictions. Make me and my husband parents worth emulating Lord. This is my prayer, in Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...