Wakito's Pizza House

26 January, 2018

Romans 7:15-25

Verse: Romans 7:15-25 (NIV)
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[b] a slave to the law of sin.

Title: That capital "S" in us

Message: Christians have all the eagerness to serve God and to do good. However, as the indwelling sinfulness basically overrules, they tend to do the opposite. This is observed to be true in every believer. Thus, as followers of Christ, we need to focus on Him. Nobody has the capability to deliver us from sin but Jesus our savior. 

Promise to Claim: Jesus delivers us from sin. He's the One who will give us rest from all of our burdens.

Command to Obey: Focus on Jesus. Let us rely on Him our struggles concerning that capital "S" in us.

Warning to Heed: Giving in to sin will make us prisoners of it.

Application: As Paul confirmed how I have been feeling and what I have been thinking, I got more enlightened about my fellow Christians' behaviors and my very own behavior. Thus, I will focus more on my bible reading for me to be spiritually guided in everything I do. Bless me God as I try my best to do what I need to do.

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...