Wakito's Pizza House

16 January, 2018

Matthew 26:39-42

Verse: Matthew 26:39-42(NIV)
39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
40 Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Couldn’t you men keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. 41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
42 He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.”
Title: The Father knows best
Message: There had been times that, despite our fervent prayers, God seemed not to care. He seemed not paying attention to what we were saying. Thus, we gave in to temptation and assumed that God had ceased listening to our prayers. However, that is not the case. Our Father has all the time for us. He listens to us. It's just that it's His will that manifests and that's what we give heed to. In this text, Jesus prayerfully asked his Father to take his troubles away at the same time submitted to the Father's will. He never insisted on what he was asking for because he understood that His Father knew best.
Promise to Claim: In all the trials, let us remain confident that God is with us. He sees the whole and we see only the part of it. Thus, let us put everything in His care. God is wise, merciful, and good.
Command to Obey: "Watch and pray, so that you will not fall into temptation" (Matt. 26:41)
Warning to Heed: Temptation gets stronger when one's spirit becomes weak. Thus, our need for fervent prayers just what Jesus did.
Application: I'll pray unceasingly for my spirit and flesh to remain strong. I will not insist on what I want. Instead, I'll pray for God's leading for me to understand what He wants me to do with my life.

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...