Wakito's Pizza House

16 January, 2018

John 8:31-38

Verse: John 8:31-38 (NIV)
31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”
34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father.[a]”
Title: Jesus is the reason
Message: Rationalizing for the benefit of oneself won't bring any good. Most often than not, we reason out to justify our acts, something which sometimes let us go beyond our limitations and worst make us go to the wrong path. We knew the truth but as we want to satisfy our desires or cravings we tend to find an explanation for such based on worldly standards. Thus, we fall short in God's standards.
Promise to Claim: “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free”
Command to Obey: Follow Jesus and you will find the truth, the kind that will set us free.
Warning to Heed: "Ëveryone who sins is a slave to sin."
Application: I will see to it that I read God's word every day and that I demonstrate its meaning. I will put rationalizing aside especially where my desires are concerned. I'll bear in mind that Jesus is the reason itself and that He I must follow, not myself nor somebody else. I pray that I would be able to keep and reflect all these, in Jesus'name.

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...