Wakito's Pizza House

16 January, 2018

Isaiah 12

Verse: Isaiah 12 (NIV)
12 In that day you will say:
“I will praise you, Lord.
Although you were angry with me,
your anger has turned away
and you have comforted me.
2 Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense[a];
he has become my salvation.”
3 With joy you will draw water
from the wells of salvation.
Title: How to draw water from God's wells of salvation
Message: God has promised us salvation and it is our actions that will lead us to achieving it. Here, we are given the idea that praising Him turns anger into delight. Giving thanks for all that He has been doing, sharing His word and proclaiming His greatness among our fellowmen bring joy to the Lord and to us as well because we are guaranteed of God's protection and provisions.
Promise to Claim: The Lord himself is our strength, our defense and salvation. He provided us wells of salvation. Thus, let us joyfully draw water from them.
Command to Obey: Praise God. Completely put your trust in Him and don't be afraid. These actions will give us incomparable happiness and the right to draw water from His wells of salvation.
Warning to Heed: Loss of confidence in God means loss of joy, thus depriving us of strength which we need to withstand temptations.
Application: I am guaranteed of God's salvation. He's my defense, my shield against all forms of wickedness. These I will bear in mind so that my confidence to demonstrate my faith and to fulfill my Christian duties will not be shaken. I want to joyfully draw water from God's wells of salvation. Thus, God be with me please, every step of the way, in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...