Wakito's Pizza House

18 January, 2018

Hebrews 5:11-14

Verse: Hebrews 5:11-14 (NIV)
11 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. 12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Title: Demonstrate Christian Maturity!

Message: Maturity in faith is demonstrated as we take the challenge of engaging ourselves in activities involving God and His people.

Promise to Claim: Constant communication with God will keep us away from evil. It will give us a profound understanding of life and our faith as a whole.

Command to Obey: Observe constant connection with God. Let us demonstrate maturity in faith by engaging ourselves in godly activities. Be teachers of baby Christians.

Warning to Heed: "Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness" (Hebrews 5:13).

Application: I've been claiming that I'm a Christian. I've been reading God's word and doing activities involving my faith. However, as those were done with people whom I thought are "forged" Christians, my faith was tested. Now I'm thinking, it could have been God's way of determining my maturity or letting me realize how it feels to be a Christian in word and in deed. Thus, from this day on I will not complain and never ask why whenever I'm appointed to work with people who's claiming to be Christians but are doing otherwise. I don't have the right to judge them. I need to focus on the task that God assigned me to accomplish. It's all about Him. It's all about my Christian maturity. Guide me Lord.

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...