Wakito's Pizza House

08 April, 2016

Exodus 20: 1-6

Exodus 20: 1-6
1 And God spoke all these words: 2 “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 3 “You shall have no other gods before me. 4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Title: Jehovah, the Being of beings

Message: There’s no other God than the One in Heaven. Hence, no creature of Him must be worshiped. He is the Creator and the one responsible of all, thus making Him deserving of all the credits, the reverence, the adoration we can offer.  

Promise to Claim: God loves those who love Him and keep His commandments. His love is enduring and undying.

Command to Obey: We are God’s people and are not supposed to have other gods apart from Him. We must not practice idolatry. We must not bow down before anything or anybody that is assumed to be God’s representative or the Lord in itself/himself.

Warning to Heed:  Be reminded that God is a “jealous God” and any act of worship before anything or anybody besides Him is indeed punishable (v. 5b).


Application: I will never be engaged in any activity that exalts images assumed to be God. I will not allow any of my family members be a participant of any motion concerning idolatry. I will make the LORD, my God and my Father the sole object of my religious adoration. 

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...