Wakito's Pizza House

23 February, 2016

Exodus 3:11-15

Exodus 3: 11-15
But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”  And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.” Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ “This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation. 

Message:
This part of Exodus made me learn and understand the most significant fact in the bible, that is the name of God and its meaning. I AM THAT I AM. According to Matthew Henry this is the name that
“explains his name Jehovah, and signifies, that
1.      he is self-existent: he has his being of himself;
2.      he is eternal and unchangeable, and always the same,
yesterday, to-day, and for ever;
3.      he is incomprehensible; we cannot by searching find him out:
this name checks all bold and curious inquiries concerning God;
and
4.      he is faithful and true to all his promises, unchangeable in his word
as well as in his nature” (biblestudytools.com).
Besides this, I also learned that God wants people to know Him as the “Lord God of all generations”. As Moses expressed his doubt, God assured him of company. This to me is an assurance that God protects and never leaves those who serve Him.

Application:
Over and over again, I say I will never doubt God’s existence and the fulfilment of His promises and I will keep on sharing His word for everyone to know that He is the Lord God of all.

Prayer:

Dear God, the Lord God of all generations, the God feared by everyone, I thank you for making me know Your name and understand its meaning. Thank you for the assurance of Your company and protection as I decide on fulfilling my promise to You Lord. Thank you for all the answered prayers Lord, for all the expected and unexpected provisions. Father had I been like Moses who doubted of my capacity as I was tasked to do something concerning You, forgive me. I love you Lord and I am willing to serve You. Make me a living testimony of Your overflowing love. Let me be a servant who is worthy of Your promises. 

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...