Wakito's Pizza House

20 February, 2016

Exodus 2: 16-25

Exodus 2: 16-25
Now a priest of Midian had seven daughters, and they came to draw water and fill the troughs to water their father’s flock.  Some shepherds came along and drove them away, but Moses got up and came to their rescue and watered their flock. When the girls returned to Reuel their father, he asked them, “Why have you returned so early today?” They answered, “An Egyptian rescued us from the shepherds. He even drew water for us and watered the flock.” “And where is he?” Reuel asked his daughters. “Why did you leave him? Invite him to have something to eat.” Moses agreed to stay with the man, who gave his daughter Zipporah to Moses in marriage.  Zipporah gave birth to a son, and Moses named him Gershom, saying, “I have become a foreigner in a foreign land.” During that long period, the king of Egypt died. The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God. God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob. So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them.

Message:
This part of Exodus furthered the idea that Moses has inherent qualities of a deliverer. He is observant, just and sensitive to the needs of the people around him.  Without being asked, he rescued the daughters of Reuel from danger and helped them in drawing water for the flock of sheep, an act which won Moses Reuel’s favor. Also, the act by Israelites reminded me of my usual reaction when confronted with difficult situations. Pharaoh’s cruelty pursued and they could not do anything about it. Groaning, they prayed to God for help and the Lord positively responded.
  
Application:
I will observe sensitivity about people’s needs and see to it that I extend help in whatever way I can. Also, the more that I will observe constant and sincere praying.  

Prayer:

Dear God, thank you for your being observant and sensitive to my needs and for making me understand the value of praying constantly. Thank you Lord for making it known to me that help coming from me should not be sought but must be voluntarily extended whenever need arises. Lord, forgive me if there were opportunities of helping I missed because of insensitivity.  Forgive me further if there were times that I gave up on praying for something which I thought You disregarded. Father, I pray for your blessing today as I take on Moses’ sensitivity. Make me perceive helping as manifestation of You and not as an act to impress people. Let the Holy Spirit guide me as I consider things to pray about. Enable perseverance in me Lord that I may not think of giving up as I wait for your response to all of my prayers. This I pray in Jesus’ name, amen. 

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...