Wakito's Pizza House

19 June, 2018

Impatience and haste, most often than not bring trouble than comfort

Verse: 1 Samuel 13: 7-15 (NIV)
Saul remained at Gilgal, and all the troops with him were quaking with fear. 8 He waited seven days, the time set by Samuel; but Samuel did not come to Gilgal, and Saul’s men began to scatter. 9 So he said, “Bring me the burnt offering and the fellowship offerings.” And Saul offered up the burnt offering. 10 Just as he finished making the offering, Samuel arrived, and Saul went out to greet him.

11 “What have you done?” asked Samuel.

Saul replied, “When I saw that the men were scattering, and that you did not come at the set time, and that the Philistines were assembling at Mikmash, 12 I thought, ‘Now the Philistines will come down against me at Gilgal, and I have not sought the Lord’s favor.’ So I felt compelled to offer the burnt offering.”

13 “You have done a foolish thing,” Samuel said. “You have not kept the command the Lord your God gave you; if you had, he would have established your kingdom over Israel for all time. 14 But now your kingdom will not endure; the Lord has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed him ruler of his people, because you have not kept the Lord’s command.”

15 Then Samuel left Gilgal[d] and went up to Gibeah in Benjamin, and Saul counted the men who were with him. They numbered about six hundred.

Title: Impatience and Passionate Haste

Message: This part of the book give us three messages. First is that having a leader doesn't mean freedom from all of our responsibilities. The person, whoever it might be, was not appointed to solve all our problems. We as followers, as part of the group have our own duties to fulfill and must take part in resolving difficulties. Second is that we should not take credit of somebody else's triumph. Ultimately, waiting and obedience to God's commands pay off.

Promise to Claim: God grants us success only if we keep His commands.

Command to Obey: Understand God's commands and follow them.

Warning to Heed: Going beyond God's appointment won't guarantee us His favor. God is a god of order and discipline. Thus, we must follow. 

Application: I must not take credit of someone's accomplishment. I must not rely everything to a leader. As part of the group, I should do my part and help in the best way I can. Above all, I must put all my trust in God. All these I got reminded of today and I must observe for me to demonstrate my obedience to God and to have a peaceful mind.

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...