Wakito's Pizza House

16 January, 2018

Luke 9:57-62

Verse: Luke 9:57-62 (NIV)
57 As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.”
58 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”
59 He said to another man, “Follow me.”
But he replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”
60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”
61 Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.”
62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”
Title: The upshot of following Jesus
Message: Make Jesus your priority. When we decide to follow Jesus, we must put him first over all others.
Promise to Claim: Following Jesus will bring us salvation and eternal life. The act might bring us difficulties; however, it guarantees us survival from life's troubles.
Command to Obey: Follow Jesus. Believe in Him and we will find salvation.
Warning to Heed: “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”
Application: Jesus wants to be my priority; thus, I ought to do what I vowed to in his name. This I must put in mind and practice.

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...