Wakito's Pizza House

07 June, 2016

1 Samuel 2: 27-33

1 Samuel 2: 27-33
27 Now a man of God came to Eli and said to him, “This is what the Lord says: ‘Did I not clearly reveal myself to your ancestor’s family when they were in Egypt under Pharaoh? 28 I chose your ancestor out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to go up to my altar, to burn incense, and to wear an ephod in my presence. I also gave your ancestor’s family all the food offerings presented by the Israelites. 29 Why do you[e] scorn my sacrifice and offering that I prescribed for my dwelling? Why do you honor your sons more than me by fattening yourselves on the choice parts of every offering made by my people Israel?’30 “Therefore the Lord, the God of Israel, declares: ‘I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.’ But now the Lord declares: ‘Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained. 31 The time is coming when I will cut short your strength and the strength of your priestly house, so that no one in it will reach old age, 32 and you will see distress in my dwelling. Although good will be done to Israel, no one in your family line will ever reach old age. 33 Every one of you that I do not cut off from serving at my altar I will spare only to destroy your sight and sap your strength, and all your descendants will die in the prime of life.

Title: The reproof for Eli

Message: Servants of God must manifest His commandments and those who do otherwise must be exiled from His dwelling – the church. Eli did rebuke his children on their wicked acts. However, such never took effect upon his sons. Hence, God sent a man to reprimand Eli on his son’s deeds and declare to him God’s punishment.  

Promise to Claim: God blesses the faithful and He keeps His promises. He honors those who honor Him (v. 30).

Command to Obey: As we are given the opportunity to serve God, let’s fulfil our responsibilities in accord to his standards. Let us manifest faithfulness, respect, humility and other values that were demonstrated by godly men before us.

Warning to Heed: God sees all our actions and He never lets any misdeed go unnoticed. He causes distress to those who dishonor Him.


Application: I will serve God with all honesty. I will not practice the deeds of Eli’s children. I will keep in mind that God should manifest in whatever I do. 

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...