Wakito's Pizza House

21 May, 2016

Judges 14: 1-4

May 20, 2016
Judges 14: 1-4
1Samson went down to Timnah and saw there a young Philistine woman.  2When he returned, he said to his father and mother, "I have seen a Philistine woman in Timnah; now get her for me as my wife."  3His father and mother replied, "Isn't there an acceptable woman among your relatives or among all our people? Must you go to the uncircumcised Philistines to get a wife?" But Samson said to his father, "Get her for me. She's the right one for me."  4(His parents did not know that this was from the LORD, who was seeking an occasion to confront the Philistines; for at that time they were ruling over Israel.)

Title: As God wills it

Message: God is incomprehensible. He sometimes acts in a way that is perceived awkward by humans and such turns out to be right later on. Samson was an Israelite and was not supposed to marry a woman of Philistine origin. Nevertheless, he married one for God willed it. The woman was the reason for Samson to connect with the Philistines and do what God commissioned him to – destroy the Philistines as they overruled the Israelites.

Promise to Claim: God has its own way of making things happen. Vengeance is His.

Command to Obey: Let ourselves be instruments of God’s plans although sometimes we find circumstances undesirable. Samson’s parents did not find his marriage with a Philistine woman just; however, as God planned the event, it occurred.

Warning to Heed: God’s plan happens despite our oppositions and the more that we oppose His desires the more that we cause ourselves difficulties.


Application: God’s plan for us is hard to discern. It’s something that only our Father knows. Hence, we need to pray and communicate with Him regularly. I myself do not have the idea on God’s plan in my life. All I know is He created me for a purpose and as I’m trying to discover such, I’m doing my part as His creation. I read the bible, study its content, share the message to others, do my responsibilities as a mother, daughter, teacher, sibling, friend and others in the best way, I think, I can. Just like what happened to Samson, there had been and there still are events in my life which I perceive unjust or seem to oppose with the standards and I tend to react to these negatively. I even regard these as my battle most of the time, a kind of perception which basically creates in me stress and pressure. But now, as I am reminded of this idea, my view has changed. God has a purpose for making things happen. So, let Him orchestrate all. My contributions would be my prayers and fulfilment of my duties whatever they may be. 

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...