Wakito's Pizza House

11 March, 2016

Exodus 9: 8-12

Exodus 9: 8-12
Then the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “Take handfuls of soot from a furnace and have Moses toss it into the air in the presence of Pharaoh.  It will become fine dust over the whole land of Egypt, and festering boils will break out on people and animals throughout the land.”  So they took soot from a furnace and stood before Pharaoh. Moses tossed it into the air, and festering boils broke out on people and animals. The magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils that were on them and on all the Egyptians.  But the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses.

Message:
Here the sixth plague was sent by God to the Egyptians and Pharaoh was not exempted from the punishment. Further reading made me realize that there are two important points featured in these verses. First is, the handful of ash which caused the boils among Egyptians was obtained from a furnace which brought about oppression among the Israelites. The bricks that they produced were used to build the furnaces, and they’re also the ones responsible for the forging of those. Thus, it can be concluded that the punishment sent by God to the Egyptians conforms to the struggle they caused among the Israelites. Another is, the magicians’ inability to control Moses and Aaron’s act further proved God’s immeasurable might.  

Application:
I will keep on reminding myself that “the punishment a sinner gets is equivalent to the sin committed”, thus making myself avoid sinning. This, I will share to all for them to do the same.

Prayer:

Dear God, thank you for this reminder. This I consider very significant to everyone today as we are all exposed to things/matters which strongly draw us to sinning. Lord, I experience such and I pray for self-control Lord. Enable self-discipline in me Father that I may avoid engaging myself in sinful acts. I pray the same for the people around me Lord. Make us see the consequences of Pharaoh’s ungodliness and realize Your immensity over him and all others. This I pray in the mighty name of Jesus, amen. 

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...