Wakito's Pizza House

25 April, 2013

Letter of Thanksgiving


When I was asked to read a thanksgiving letter to God in my first year of teaching at TUMCSI, this is what I read before the Seniors, their parents, guests, and the TUMCSI Faculty and Staff.


Dear God,
This is to express my gratitude for all the blessings and provisions you have bestowed upon me.
“Is God for real?” This had been the question which lingered in my mind when I was undergoing a lot of problems, financially and emotionally. Though I knew Father that you were with me, I seemed not to feel your guidance and had a notion that you were indifferently observing while I was in agony. Life had been very miserable for me. Then, you led me to the gates of TUMCS. A smiling but strict-looking principal accommodated me. That was when I said to myself : “No matter what test may come upon me, I’d bear.”
Her manner of speaking and words about the institution drew a positive impression of her and the school out of me. After ten months, here I am making an affirmation of such an impression. Being in TUMCS, I realized that material possession isn’t the only source of a person’s happiness or the only solution to his every problem. Its role is never vital to people in this place. In TUMCS, every employee serves to the best of his abilities without considering any rewards. Spiritual Guidance drives each of us to fulfil our responsibilities and deal with one another accordingly.
Yes Father,  More than the financial support that the school has afforded me I am very thankful for the company and fellow employees who fairly treated  and showed me genuine concern, unsolicited pieces of advice and unceasing support. God, with all these I survived trials which were brought by my principal’s rigorous training and challenges posed by my keen students. With them, I realized what fellowship really is.
In TUMCS, I was made to understand the content of Ephesians 4:11,12 and I quote, “As loving shepherds, they endeavour to build up the flock, by providing instruction, direction and reproof  when needed. In so doing, they bear in mind the real purpose of discipline." This verse, Father as I have observed is the exact description of my superior – Mrs. Ester B. Esguerra who played the role of a loving shepherd to all of us. She has been giving her very best to impart knowledge not only to the students but to the faculty members as well. 
My ten months here in TUMCS, had been very rewarding. It certainly had taught me a lot, physically, emotionally, and above all, spiritually. The school may had not made me perfect but it remolded me somehow. It made me a better and a stronger person. Today, I never have any idea what lies ahead of me but one thing is certain, I’d be facing everything head up, for I know I have you, Lord.
I, thus, have every reason to say “Thank you”  my Lord each day, for the life, for the hope, for the support and company of my fellow employees, above all, for a magnanimous superior who keeps on instilling in all of us values which she herself practices.
These, I thank you God, Amen.


That was nine years ago...

No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...