Wakito's Pizza House

27 October, 2012

Ambon-Ambon Falls, an ideal place for burning calories and unwinding


Trekking has always been my favorite activity for it lets me use my energy to the fullest and gives me  the opportunity to commune with nature. Thus, when I am given an opportunity to trek I grab it as if I have all the physical strength to make me endure any difficulty that may come along the way.
Trip to Laguna and one of the destinations was Panguil River Ecopark which offers water tubing activity. This same place is the entry point to Ambon-Ambon Falls which according to Outbound facilitators is hard to reach. This statement posed challenge on me and prompted me more to get to the falls despite the fact that trekking to the falls was not part of the trip’s activities.
Nine of the faculty members joined the group and we proceeded to realizing the unplanned adventure.  One hour walk upon the rocky course in the bushes, getting in the bamboo raft three times, and braving the stony river emphasized what the facilitator told us. Nevertheless, we went on.
Amazement struck me as I got to the place. The feeling was indescribable. Nothing compares to the beauty of the falls. As I lay down the boulder beneath the falls I automatically understood why the falls was given such a name.  It continuously drizzles around the place without the rain. I looked up and realized that we were under what seemed to be a rocky dome whose roof provides an outlet for infinite water supply. The surging water of the falls deafened me but the view above was marvelous that I felt something inside me was prompting me to keep still and feel the surroundings. I couldn’t help meditating as I closed my eyes.  The sound of the cascading water and the drizzle droplets which tap my skin were so relaxing.  I desired to get underneath the surging falls but the strong current prevented me. Thus, I remained seated upon a boulder facing the falls and enjoyed eyeing my fellows diving the depth of the river, whose deepest part measures 70 ft., below it.


Time flew really fast. We left the falls without the bamboo rafts. We willingly swam back with life vest on, a decision which put our lives to risk for three of us, who barely know swimming, almost drowned. Good thing, life guards were present. Consequently, we survived. God truly guided us.


As we boarded the bus back to Taytay, Rizal I could see the blotch of sudden and forceful grip upon my arm and imagine the grief among my family members had I drowned. Despite what happened I never felt remorse, instead I was so grateful that I insisted on trekking to the falls for if not I had not been given the chance to witness God’s wonder that is the existence of Ambon-Ambon Falls which I think was not made to only amaze any beholder but to let anybody burn calories as he strives to get to the magnificent spot.   


No comments:

At 47... I realize these: Life is a matter of choice . In every aspect we've got to know, to examine (sometimes none of thi...